What have you heard about this class?
That it’s a packed course? That it’s intense? That it’s tough? That it’s a lot of work?
All of that is true.
But, you can do it.
Now, you’re sitting in a lecture chair, a lab desk where someone just like you sat at the beginning of the last semester. That student made it. You will too.
As a J202 lab instructor, I asked students to write a bit of advice for the person who sat in their seat the next semester. At the end of the spring semester, I told my lab students that I would not return in the fall. But, they wanted to share advice from their experiences, saying that they had kept their note from the beginning of the semester as inspiration. I told them I’d find something to do with them. This blog post is that something.
So, here you go: Fourteen bits of advice and inspiration from students who were where you were just a semester ago.
- “Breathe! Everything will be OK.”
- “Stay on top of deadlines”
3. Keep trying
4 & 5 You learn so much in this class.
6. Plan your semester
7. “Your lab will all become some of your best friends.”
8. “Trust the process. Trust your TA.”
9 & 10. “It’s super rewarding.”
11. “Talk to your TA for better advice always.”
12. “What you learn in 15 weeks will amaze you.”
13. “Use your planner religiously.”
Hope you have a great semester